- “Is this a ‘want’ or a ‘need'”?
- “What is the worst thing that would happen if you didn’t have this?”
- “What is the best thing that would happen if you didn’t have this?”
- “If you were going to travel around the world for 5 years out of a backpack, would you take this with you?”
- “Will this allow you to better serve your true purpose?”
- “Is this replacing something you already have?”
- “What is your exit strategy with this thing? What is the eventual way you will donate, delegate, distribute, or delete this thing?”
- “Does this make it so you can’t spend money on your true purpose?”
If unsure then put it on a “wish list” and see if you can live without it for a month.
If so, then try for 3 months.
If so, then try for 6 months.
If so, then you don’t need it.