It has only been around four months since I last posted to this blog. Amazingly, I completely forgot it existed.
This is indicative of my tendency to get distracted by various projects. I get excited about a new projects and become hyper involved in it for a period of weeks or month (or hours) and then get distracted by something else.
Soon enough, the original project is a thing of the past and often times completely forgotten.
Not that this blog was a major undertaking. But I am amazed at how quickly I didn’t even remember that it was here. I even had a fairly recent thought, “I should really do something with my markm520.sg-host.com domain”.
I think it is also a result of having too many things going on at once. A reminder to simplify my life.
Case in point, here is a short list of the things I’m doing (or about to do):
- Job #1: NIC Hawaii
- Job #2: Teach at UHWO
- Design projects for others (i.e. BH website)
- Hosting my mom for 2 months
- Japanese language
- Japanese 201 @ KCC in Fall 2021
- Sell or donate a bunch of stuff <– minimize
- Exercise and training
- Norwegian language (sort of on the back burner right now)
- Akamai Websites YouTube Channel
- Walkthepla.net blog (and videos?)
- Random web projects
- Foodie Finder
- Wushu Adventures
- School directory
- Less is Moran
- My professional portfolio site (markcmoran.com?)
- Martial Arts <– on hold for now
- And probably a lot more.
Plus, I play video games (Stadia & Switch), draw (mostly on iPad with Apple Pencil), write, watch lots of TV and movies, and I’ve been watching my Ukulele and Guitar collect impressive amounts of dust.
But, I suppose, if I was going to narrow all of that down to just “the big three” items, I’d probably have:
- Web Design (client services and education)
- Language Learning (Japanese, at the moment)
- Health & Wellness (nutrition, mobility, and stress management)
I would say that probably 90% of the items in that long list fit in one of those three categories.
And the ones that don’t? Well, I probably could go ahead and ignore them since I have plenty of other things to take care of.
Maybe that explains what happened with this website…