What is an “Essential Challenge”?
Iʻm all about leveling up and challenging myself to develop who I am and focus energy on the essential things of life. This is the impetus for my “Essential Challenges”.
In different areas of my life, I will be challenging myself to build and create the essentials of that area. These are areas such as minimalist living, essential nutrition, exercise, community service, and others.
While these arenʻt full-on “walkabouts”, they all deal with some aspect of what my walkabouts area about: building the skills and systems to travel with less, learn languages, study cultural arts, and make the world a better place.
My Current Challenge
December 2018: Essential Clothing
What is the bare minimum of clothing that one needs to live their life? In the first Essential Challenge I tackle this question by reducing my total clothing and accessories count to just 33 items (or 15 main clothing items). Check out the blog post and videos here:
- Essential Clothing Challenge Introduction Blog Post and Video (November 20, 2018)
- 01/2019: Essential Entertainment: How much entertainment do I actually need to enjoy life?
- 02/2019: Essential Exercise: What exercise will provide me with essential mobility and strength?
- 03/2019: Essential Nutrition: What is the bare minimum that I need to fulfill my nutritional needs?
- 04/2019: Essential Spending: What do I really need to buy each month to live my ideal life?
- 05/2019: Essential Electronics: What is the bare minimum of electronics I need to do my job?
- Walking the Pla.net: My effort to improve my walking endurance so I can explore more of this world.
Keep your eyes peeled as I post updates and get going on my various challenges!